Our ministry leader shared this message earlier this week during her 8 Minute Devotional and it was so good that we wanted to share with our family. Let us know what you think!
The story in Acts 3:1-10 of the lame beggar is one of my favorites because there are so many life lessons to learn. Let’s look at the facts:
- Lame man from birth
- He begged at the gate of the temple called Beautiful Gate daily
- He met Peter and John as they were going into the temple to pray
- He got up and his life was changed forever
Now in my spiritual imagination because the bible doesn’t state this but it’s implied that this lame man had to have some type of faith to believe when Peter said, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!” This man who had nothing to lose but everything to gain trusted in what Peter said and received his miracle. The bible says, “And leaping up he stood and began to walk, and entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.” This lame man realized it was Time to Get Up.
My questions to you: When will you recognize that it is time to get up? When will you understand that you can’t do the same thing day after day, week after week, month after month and year after year and expect anything different to happen in your life? When are you going to reach up, get up and stop making excuses for your situation? When is your faith going to defeat your fears? When are you going to look at your situation and say enough is enough? Many of you want more but are not willing to do what it takes. We have all made mistakes in life. We all made poor choices at one time or another. Let’s stop using that as an excuse because it’s time for us to get up.
How do I get up?
1) Reposition yourself: Analyze your life and notate where areas you are out of position. Does your attitude need to change? Are you speaking life over difficult situations or are your emotions getting the best of you? Are the people you hang around keeping you out of position? Write whatever those things down in your journal.
2) Walk by faith: Once you recognize what needs to be done then do it. There comes a time in our life where we look at things and say, “Enough is a enough.” Those words mean nothing if they are not followed by actions. It’s not always going to be easy and there will be some tough days but remember the Word. We walk by faith and not by sight!
3) Don’t look back: One thing that hinders forward movement is looking back You cannot go back to the things that got you out of position. You have to keep PRESSING forward! Greater will always be ahead of you and not behind you.
Now you are ready to Get Back Up!